We are developing a leading Technology Innovation Ecosystem, with the benefit of reliable, enduring and advanced IT, intellectual property and immigration laws in the Cayman Islands.
We are TechCayman. Visualize us as a portal through which existing and new companies operate in the Cayman Islands while enjoying a unique range of advantages specific to our network.
George Town, Cayman Islands, 9 August 2021 – PeerIslands, a TechCayman Sponsored Enterprise...
Virtual Sonics, a Cayman Islands Tech Company, Makes ‘Big Sound’ Waves in the Hollywood Music Industry
George Town, Cayman Islands, May 4, 2021 – Virtual Sonics Inc., a TechCayman-sponsored enterprise...
Intellectual Property and Digital Assets
On 30 June 2016, Part 1 of the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act ,1988 was extended to the Cayman Islands, subject to certain exclusions and modifications, at the request of the Government.
On 19 December 2016, the Patents and Trade Marks (Amendment) Law, 2016 was gazetted, and is in force.
On 19 December 2016, the Trade Marks Law, 2016 was gazetted and in force.
On 19 December 2016, the Design Rights Registration Law, 2016 was gazetted and is in force.
Access to Funding
Depending on funding needs, TechCayman will tap into to our Silicon Valley and Global Tech network.
- Access to different types of investors – seed, super angels, angel networks, venture capital (Pre-series A and Series A/B/C), growth and institutional investors
- Access to certain corporate investors for those seeking strategic investors
- Associated with this access, introductions to potential mentors and advisors can be arranged
Attract Top Tech Talent
Our sponsored enterprises enjoy unique concessions to attract the top talent in the Tech industry.
- Streamlined (30 days) start-up process for sponsored enterprises
- Three-year renewable work permits granted within just 10 days
- No restrictions on the number of work permits
- No H1-b visa constraints
- Flat-rate annual work permit fees
- Special 15-day invitations issued to visitors collaborating with any Sponsored Enterprise
- No restrictions on spouses and dependents living and seeking employment in the Cayman Islands
- 6-month Visitor Visas available for immediate family including parents and in-laws of a work permit holder
The unique, guaranteed tax-free regime for TechCayman’s sponsored enterprises is unlike anywhere else in the world.
- No corporate tax for 30 years
- No capital gains tax for 30 years
- No sales tax for 30 years
- No income tax for 30 years
- No payroll tax for 30 years
- No withholding or other taxes on the repatriation of up to 100% of capital and profits for 30 years
Our client services team offers a “one-stop shop,” complete concierge service to ensure your business, employees and their families are fully supported in all aspects of relocation.
Included in the variety of services, our team can assist with:
- Individualized office set-up
- Education placements
- Immigration & HR services
- Introductions to a network of trusted service providers
- Legal support services
- Streamlined access to healthcare
- Outsourcing agreements
Proximity to the Americas
As a sub-region of North America, the Cayman Islands are ideally located to allow for a wide range of personal and business conveniences, and boast year-round warmth and state-of-the art infrastructure and attractions.
- 55+ weekly flights between the Cayman Islands and the US, Canada and the UK
- Miami only 1-hr flight away
- New York only 4-hr flight away
- Eastern time zone
- English speaking
- British legal system
- Politically stable, protected and safe
- Highest standard of living in the Caribbean